Home » Frequently asked Questions » I’ve been accepted into a graduate program for[...]


I’ve been accepted into a graduate program for summer. Can I request a deferral of my admission offer?


Deferment requests are handled on a case-by-case basis, at the discretion of each individual graduate program. You will need to submit your request to the graduate program coordinator directly. You can find their contact information in the Graduate Catalog. During this time, the College of Graduate Studies supports the deferral of applications if granted permission by the program. If program approval is awarded, applicants will not be asked to pay an additional application fee or re-submit official documents that have been verified by our office for the entry term in which deferral is granted.