The Award for the Outstanding Dissertation recognizes doctoral students for excellence in the dissertation. The focus of this award is on the quality and contribution of the student’s dissertation. Excellence of the dissertation may be demonstrated by evidences such as, but not limited to: publications in refereed journals, awards and recognitions from professional organizations, and praise from faculty members and other colleagues in the field.
- Graduated from a UCF doctoral program in the immediately past spring, summer or fall term
- Completed the dissertation within the past year (i.e., spring 2017, summer 2017 or fall 2017)
- Selected as the 2017-2018 winner of the college-level award
Students can only win the university award once.
- An electronic one-page nomination letter from a faculty member that discusses the dissertation research of the nominee with particular attention paid to the content and quality of the dissertation. This letter should address the strength of the dissertation and its contributions to the field.
- An electronic copy of the student’s completed and approved dissertation.
- An electronic copy of the student’s complete curriculum vita, highlighting any publication and/or recognition of the dissertation.
- A brief electronic (no more than one page) statement regarding the student’s experience in conducting the dissertation, his/her interpretation of the significance of the work, and how he/she benefited from the dissertation experience.
- Electronic copies of papers authored or co-authored by the student based on the dissertation.
- Applications must be submitted electronically to your Associate Dean for Graduate Studies in your academic college.