Sample Country Requirement
Please visit Sample Country Requirements for a list of documents and evaluation information required for admission at the University of Central Florida.
NOTE: In addition to these requirements, your program may require that applicants submit an outside course-by-course evaluation with GPA calculation. We accept evaluations from World Education Services, Inc., www.wes.org, and Josef Silny and Associates, Inc., www.jsilny.com. To verify whether or not an outside evaluation is required for your specific program:
Visit our Application Deadline and Requirements page:
- Click into the specific program AND track (if applicable) you are applying to
- Master and Doctoral Applicants: If an outside evaluation is required, you will see the following statement; “Applicants applying to this program, except those that have earned or will earn a Masters or Doctoral degree from an accredited U.S. institution recognized by UCF, who have attended a college/university outside the United States must provide a course-by-course credential evaluation with GPA calculation. Credential evaluations are accepted from World Education Services (WES) or Josef Silny and Associates, Inc. only.”
Josef Silny and Associates, Inc
7101 SW 102, Miami, FL 33171
If your country is not listed, or if you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].
Foreign Transcripts and Evaluation
All applicants for graduate study at the University of Central Florida must hold a U.S. bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent, from a regionally accredited or governmentally recognized institution of higher learning. This is a minimum requirement for admission to a graduate program at UCF.
All applicants for graduate admission must provide one official transcript and official certification of degree, with date awarded*. If a student has attended more than one college or university, separate transcripts must be submitted. All documents and test scores submitted in support of the student’s application must be official. To be official, transcripts and certificates must bear an original seal and/or signature of the school’s registrar or of the appropriate school official or office. Photocopies are not acceptable.
In order to avoid any delay in reviewing and processing your documents, please be sure to visit our Sample Country Requirements page (https://ww2.graduate.ucf.edu/countryrequirements/) to review and submit the correct required documents for admission and evaluation purposes.
If applicants (except for applicants who have earned a degree from Nepal) have the original, or official attested individual semester mark sheets/transcripts and degree certificate in possession, all applicants have the ability to scan and upload the individual semester mark sheets/transcripts and degree certificate/diploma to their applications for admission review. As a reminder, we cannot accept copies of unofficial transcripts or screenshots of grades from the applicant’s institution’s academic portal. The uploaded transcript and certificate must be a scanned copy (front and back) of the original/official transcript and certificate issued to applicants by their University’s Registrar or Controller of Examinations. The correct required uploaded documents will be considered unofficial. Admission decisions can be made based on the uploaded documents.
NOTE for any earned degree from Nepal: We do not accept uploaded Nepalese transcripts and degree certificates. All Nepalese Transcripts and Degree certificates must be verified, attested, and sealed in official envelope by the USEF Nepal. Additionally, the USEF Nepal envelope must be stamped on the flap of their official envelope with their official USEF stamps. Complete information about USEF Nepal and their attestation services can be found at http://www.fulbrightnepal.org.np/.
If applicants receive an offer of admission and decide to enroll, applicants will be required to submit officially attested paper copies of transcript and degree certificate in an official sealed university envelope. The official documents will be compared to the document applicants uploaded for admission review. Any alterations or omission of information on the transcripts submitted to The University of Central Florida could be grounds for the cancellation of your application and/or the withdrawal of the offer of admission.
- We do not accept electronic transcripts or degree certificates sent to us from institutions located outside of the U.S. We only accept official hand-delivered and mailed documents. Faxed copies, photocopies, and scanned e-mailed attachments will be considered unofficial, and will not be accepted. To be official, transcripts and certificates must bear an original seal and/or signature of the school’s registrar or of the appropriate school official or office. Photocopies are not acceptable.
- Test scores and course-by-course evaluation with GPA calculation from WES/Josef Silny & Associates, Inc submitted in support of the student’s application must be official. To be official, test scores and evaluations must be requested to be sent to UCF College of Graduate Studies directly from the testing agencies and evaluation companies.
- If official transcripts and certificates are going to be sent to UCF College of Graduate Studies using WES or Josef Silny services, please be aware that any information included in the official evaluation we receive from WES or Josef Silny will become your official record at UCF and can be used for any academic purposes at UCF.
NOTE: Student records, including your transcripts and certification of degree, submitted to the university become the property of the university and cannot be returned to or copied for the student or released to a third party. Please do not send your only original copy of your transcripts/degree certificate. If you have questions about your documents prior to submission, please contact our evaluators at [email protected].
The university does not consider documents certified by a notary public or commissioner of oaths to be official.
Coursework completed at one institution but listed on the record of a second institution is not acceptable. A separate copy of the record from the first institution is required.
If these documents are written in a language other than English, a certified translation in English must be provided together with the original language records. Any translated record should be a literal and not an interpretive translation.
If a student is missing any documentation or other required information, an evaluator will contact the student by e-mail to request additional documentation or information. In the case that a student is missing documentation or information, the evaluation process will be placed on hold until the university has received all necessary documentation. All students are advised to submit all required documentation as early as possible so as to not delay the evaluation process.
In the event that the university receives documentation that is questionable, or suspicious in any way, the university will verify authenticity with the issuing institution. If an institution must be contacted for verification, the evaluation process will be placed on hold until the university has received all the necessary information.
Academic credentials should be mailed to:
UCF College of Graduate Studies
Millican Hall, Room 230
PO Box 160112
Orlando, FL 32816-0112
If sending through FEDEX/UPS:
UCF College of Graduate Studies
4365 Andromeda Loop N.
Millican Hall, Room 230
Orlando, FL 32816-0112
All test scores must be received directly from the relevant testing agency to be considered official. Please note GRE and GMAT scores are only valid for 5 years, TOEFL and IELTS for 2 years from the original testing date. It can take 4 to 6 weeks for the university to receive test scores. Keep this in mind when scheduling your test. Scores must be received by the university before the application deadline. Request the appropriate testing agency to send your scores directly to UCF using the UCF institution codes listed below.
Minimum UCF Requirement for GRE/GMAT
- Please speak directly with your program’s director to determine if that program has any specific minimum GRE/GMAT score requirements.
Minimum UCF Requirement for TOEFL/IELTS
- TOEFL iBT score of 80
- IELTS band score of 6.5
Please note, some programs may require higher TOEFL or IELTS scores.
You should arrange to take the TOEFL/IELTS exam before submitting your online application for admission. It is important that ALL sections of the test be taken to ensure proper reporting of your scores.
The following applicants are exempt from the TOEFL or IELTS requirements:
- those who are from countries where English is the only official language;
- those who have earned a degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university;
- those who have earned a degree from a country where English is the only official language;
- those who have earned a degree from a university at which English is the only official language of instruction; or
- those who have successfully completed UCF English Language Institute Level 8 or higher with a grade of “B” or better at UCF Global.
Admission decisions will not be made until official TOEFL/IELTS scores are received. It takes 4 to 6 weeks for the university to receive test scores. Keep this in mind when scheduling your test. Scores must be received by the university before the application deadline. Request that your score is sent directly to UCF using the UCF institution codes listed above.
UCF Institution Codes
- GRE and TOEFL: 5233
- GMAT: RZT-HT-58
English Language Testing System
Test Preparation Courses
UCF Test Prep offers exam review and preparation courses in GRE, GMAT, and LSAT as well as other graduate and professional certification exams. Visit www.testprep.ucf.edu for details.
For more information about the admission process for international students please visit the UCF Global site.