Award for Excellence by a Graduate Student Researcher
The Graduate Student Advisory Council (GSAC) presents the Award for Excellence by a Graduate Student Researcher. This award recognizes outstanding graduate student-level research and creative scholarship at UCF. This self-nominated award allows students to share their research with the UCF community and for the GSAC to acknowledge and reward exceptional students.
There will be two categories in which to nominate yourself:
(Arts, Social Sciences, and Humanities)
ASSH includes students doing research and creative scholarship in the following colleges: Business, CAH, CCIE, Rosen, and the Social Science Departments in COS.
(Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
STEM includes students doing research and creative scholarship in the following colleges: CECS, CHPS, COM, COS, Nursing, and Optics and Photonics.
- Currently enrolled in a UCF master’s or doctoral program.
- Conducting research or creative scholarship at UCF.
- Not currently on academic probation.
- Graduate Student Advisory Council members are not eligible.
- Students can only win the university award once.
Excellence by a Graduate Student Researcher recipients receive:
- A $1,000 to recognize their efforts (recipient in each category)
- A $500 runner up recognized in each category
- A certificate
- Recognition on the College of Graduate Studies website
- Acknowledgment of award through social media and news and information
- Recognition at the Student Research Week Excellence Awards
- Completion of the electronic nomination form
Each semester (spring/fall) four students (two winners and two runners-up) will be selected by the GSAC. Applications are due February (TBD) and October 1 for consideration. Please note that students are only eligible to receive the Excellence Student Researcher Award once in their academic careers. If a student is not awarded the distinction during the semester the student applied, they may apply again with an updated application for consideration in the next semester.
Applications are reviewed by the Graduate Student Advisory Council and winners will be notified via email the following month. It is the discretion of GSAC not to award a runner-up if no one qualifies.