Outstanding Graduate Creative Work
The Award for Outstanding Graduate Creative Work recognizes exceptional original works in a creative form that are thought-provoking, innovative, impactful, and compelling. The excellence of the work may be demonstrated by evidence such as, but not limited to, exhibitions, publications, performances, patents, awards or recognitions, and praise from faculty members and other colleagues in the field.
- Currently enrolled, degree-seeking, graduate students in good standing, or students who completed a UCF graduate program in 2023
- Completed the creative project within the past year (i.e., spring 2023, summer 2023, or fall 2023)
- Selected as the 2023-2024 winner of the college-level award
- Students can only apply for one university-level award (e.g., applicants not eligible for the Outstanding Thesis or Dissertation Award)
Students can only win the university award once.
- An electronic one-page nomination letter from the chair of the department or a faculty member that discusses the creative work of the nominee, with particular attention paid to the quality of the work. This letter should address the strengths of the work and its contributions to the field.
- An electronic copy of the student’s complete curriculum vita, highlighting any local/regional/national/international performances, presentations, publications, installations, showings, festivals, or other relevant responses to the work.
- A brief electronic (no more than one page) statement regarding the student’s interpretation of the significance of the work and its broader connections, their experience in conducting the work, and how they benefited from the experience.
- A link to the work or documentation of the work.
- Electronic copies of reviews, awards, or showings, as well as information on cultural relevance, interdisciplinary cooperation, community engagement, or other relevant details to the work to demonstrate its impact and reach.
- Applications must be submitted electronically to your Associate Dean for Graduate Studies in your academic college.
Nominations must be submitted electronically to your College’s Associate Dean for Graduate Studies for consideration for the college award. The college associate dean will charge a committee to evaluate the documentation submitted by the nominees and select the person to receive the college award. The selected award winner for each college will then be forwarded to the Senior Associate Dean of the College of Graduate Studies by email at [email protected] for consideration for the university award. Forwarded files must contain a letter of support from the college Dean/School Director or their designee.
Each winner of the university awards will receive a certificate and a cash award of $1,500. For each university award, as many as two honorable mentions can be awarded, and each will receive a certificate at Founders Day in early April.