What’s New in the 2020 Graduate Catalog?
The UCF College of Graduate Studies is pleased to announce the 2020-2021 Graduate Catalog is available online at www.graduatecatalog.ucf.edu. The university has approved 15 new graduate certificates and six graduate degree tracks.
UCF approved 15 graduate certificate programs, many which were created in response to COVID-19, providing those with heightened skills and insight, making them even more valuable to employers:
- Applied Photonics Graduate Certificate
- Conflict Resolution and Analysis Graduate Certificate
- Cyber Risk Management Graduate Certificate
- Data Analytics Graduate Certificate
- Data Modeling Graduate Certificate
- Financial Mathematics Graduate Certificate
- FinTech Graduate Certificate
- Interdisciplinary Language and Literacy Intervention Graduate Certificate
- Mixed Reality Engineering Graduate Certificate
- Optical Imaging Systems Graduate Certificate
- Research Smarts Graduate Certificate
- Social Justice in Public Service Graduate Certificate
- Technologies for Smart Communities Graduate Certificate
Six new graduate degree tracks were created in the following programs:
- Accounting MSA, Assurance Track
- Accounting MSA, Management Track
- Accounting MSA, Taxation Track
- Aerospace Engineering MSAE, Guidance Control and Dynamics Track
- Education PhD, Learning Sciences Track
- Mechanical Engineering MSME, Guidance Control and Dynamics Track
Other changes occurred in the following programs:
- The Emerging Media MFA, Studio Art and the Computer Track has changed its name to Emerging Media MFA, Studio Art and Design Track.
- The Engineering Management MS, Professional Engineering Management Track has changed its name to the Engineering Management MSEM, Professional Project and Systems Engineering Track.
- Statistical Computing MS and Statistical Computing MS, Data Mining Track have changed their names to Statistics and Data Science MS and Statistics and Data Science MS, Data Science Track.
- The Conservation Biology PhD and tracks have changed their names to Integrative and Conservation Biology PhD, Integrative and Conservation Biology PhD, Conservation Biology Track and Integrative and Conservation Biology PhD, Integrative Biology Track.
The catalog contains a description of the various policies, graduate programs, degree requirements, course offerings, and related matters intended to be in effect at the University of Central Florida during the 2020-2021 academic year. However, the information in the catalog is subject to change.
Share This Article
The University of Central Florida is one of more than 800 institutions with graduate schools surveyed by U.S. News on an annual basis. The first ranking listed encompasses all universities....
The University of Central Florida today named Grace Marie Bochenek ’98PhD its new director of the School of Modeling, Simulation and Training following a national search. Bochenek brings more than 25 years of experience...
For many people suffering from depression, chronic pain, and addiction, common treatment options such as psychotherapy and medication don’t work, according to scientific and public health reports. That’s why researchers...
The UCF College of Graduate Studies is proud to recognize the following graduate students and faculty for their excellence. The honorees were recognized during Founder’s Day. Each year the Graduate...
This year’s Reach for the Stars honorees really lives up to the award name. They are tackling some huge problems and are conducting research that betters society and improves the...