What’s New in the 2020 Graduate Catalog?
The UCF College of Graduate Studies is pleased to announce the 2020-2021 Graduate Catalog is available online at www.graduatecatalog.ucf.edu. The university has approved 15 new graduate certificates and six graduate degree tracks.
UCF approved 15 graduate certificate programs, many which were created in response to COVID-19, providing those with heightened skills and insight, making them even more valuable to employers:
- Applied Photonics Graduate Certificate
- Conflict Resolution and Analysis Graduate Certificate
- Cyber Risk Management Graduate Certificate
- Data Analytics Graduate Certificate
- Data Modeling Graduate Certificate
- Financial Mathematics Graduate Certificate
- FinTech Graduate Certificate
- Interdisciplinary Language and Literacy Intervention Graduate Certificate
- Mixed Reality Engineering Graduate Certificate
- Optical Imaging Systems Graduate Certificate
- Research Smarts Graduate Certificate
- Social Justice in Public Service Graduate Certificate
- Technologies for Smart Communities Graduate Certificate
Six new graduate degree tracks were created in the following programs:
- Accounting MSA, Assurance Track
- Accounting MSA, Management Track
- Accounting MSA, Taxation Track
- Aerospace Engineering MSAE, Guidance Control and Dynamics Track
- Education PhD, Learning Sciences Track
- Mechanical Engineering MSME, Guidance Control and Dynamics Track
Other changes occurred in the following programs:
- The Emerging Media MFA, Studio Art and the Computer Track has changed its name to Emerging Media MFA, Studio Art and Design Track.
- The Engineering Management MS, Professional Engineering Management Track has changed its name to the Engineering Management MSEM, Professional Project and Systems Engineering Track.
- Statistical Computing MS and Statistical Computing MS, Data Mining Track have changed their names to Statistics and Data Science MS and Statistics and Data Science MS, Data Science Track.
- The Conservation Biology PhD and tracks have changed their names to Integrative and Conservation Biology PhD, Integrative and Conservation Biology PhD, Conservation Biology Track and Integrative and Conservation Biology PhD, Integrative Biology Track.
The catalog contains a description of the various policies, graduate programs, degree requirements, course offerings, and related matters intended to be in effect at the University of Central Florida during the 2020-2021 academic year. However, the information in the catalog is subject to change.
- Graduate Faculty Status – D.2 and D.3
- Admission to Candidacy – Dissertation Advisory Committee Membership
Share This Article
UCF Student Research Week 2023 Kicks Off with the Academic Exhibition of the Year
UCF students will share their findings with the university community during Student Research Week, March 27-31. Compiling and condensing all their work on one poster each, students will present their work...
UCF Researcher Creates World’s First Energy-saving Paint – Inspired by Butterflies
University of Central Florida researcher Debashis Chanda, a professor in UCF’s NanoScience Technology Center, has drawn inspiration from butterflies to create the first environmentally friendly, large-scale and multicolor alternative to pigment-based...
A World of Possibilities is Right Here
The requests come regularly to the research teams at UCF’s Institute of Simulation and Training (IST). The change leader of a company or with a government agency wants to know how they can take...
UCF Researcher Receives DOE Funding to Advance Human Understanding of AI Reasoning
A University of Central Florida researcher has received funding from the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) to enhance the current understanding of artificial intelligence (AI) reasoning. The project focuses on...
UCF Graduate Dean’s Dissertation Completion Fellowship Drives Excellence, Provides Aid
As the cost of living has risen dramatically over the past several years, financial assistance has become a vital component of student success. There is no doubt that completing a...