What are the graduate requirements for international students? Is the TOEFL required?
All applicants for graduate study at the University of Central Florida must hold a U.S. bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent, from a regionally accredited or governmentally recognized institution of higher learning. This is a minimum requirement for admission to a graduate program at UCF.
Minimum UCF Requirement for GRE/GMAT
There is no University minimum requirement for these test scores. Please speak directly with your program’s director to determine if that program has any specific minimum GRE/GMAT score requirements.
Minimum UCF Requirement for TOEFL/IELTS
- TOEFL iBT score of 80
- IELTS band score of 6.5
Please note, some programs may require higher TOEFL or IELTS scores.
The following applicants are exempt from the TOEFL or IELTS requirements:
- those who are from countries where English is the only official language;
- those who have earned a degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university;
- those who have earned a degree from a country where English is the only official language;
- those who have earned a degree from a university at which English is the only official language of instruction; or
- those who have successfully completed Level 4 of UCF’s Intensive English Program with a grade of “B” or better.
International students applying to programs requiring an outside Course-by-Course Evaluation with GPA calucation must submit a course-by-course evaluation of their official transcripts from a credential evaluation service recommended by UCF. This course-by-course evaluation must show a GPA that is equivalent to a 3.0 from an earned degree that is equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree.