Three UCF Professors Headline Orlando’s First Taste of Science Festival
Orlando will host its first Taste of Science Festival on April 22-23 as part of an annual national event geared at encouraging public discourse about science and its impact on the community.
Many scientists will speak about a range of topics, including several members of the UCF community during the festival at two locations from 6 to 8 p.m.
Monday, April 22
The Public House, 12046 Collegiate Way
- UCF Physics Professor Joshua Colwell: How Experiments Advance Space Exploration
- Teacher in Residence at UCF Adam LaMee: Coding, Higgs Boson, Dark Matter and Other Cool Sciences
- UCF History Associate Professor Amy Foster: Women in Space
Tuesday, April 23
Grain & The Grape, 1110 Virginia Dr.
- UCF Nanotechnology Associate Professor Debashis Chanda: Rapid Detector for Dopamine and Other Advances in Nanotechnology
- UCF Assistant director of assignments Lynell Hodge: What Cognitive Science Teaches Us about Trauma
- UCF alumnus and city of Orlando director of sustainability Chris Castro: Climate Change and Accelerating the Clean Energy Economy
The public is invited. Tickets at $5 and information are available at tasteofscience.org/orlando.
The Florida Consortium of Metropolitan Research Universities – a collaboration between UCF, Florida International University and the University of South Florida – is a sponsor of the Taste of Science events in Florida.
Share This Article
Searching for the right graduate school is going to look a little different this year. The coronavirus pandemic has put a halt to one-on-one visits at many universities and colleges...
Nearly 800 million people are without clean drinking water in the world, and for the environmental chemist and second-year doctoral candidate Lorianne Shultz, this is no small problem. In her...
The increase in remote work and e-learning sparked by the COVID-19 pandemic means more people are reading in digital formats, from eye-straining, small-text documents to PDFs that have embedded pictures...
The Adobe Max 2020 Creativity conference kicks off Tuesday and this year the event is completely virtual and free. Celebrities alongside tech gurus will discuss products and the power to...
Four years after it launched, NASA’s OSIRIS REx NASA mission is closing in on its big day. On Oct. 20, the spacecraft is scheduled to complete its touch-and-go move to...