Procedures for Thesis and Dissertation Approval Forms
As we approach the Spring 2020 defense deadline on April 3, it is essential to have procedures in place for remotely routing, signing, and submitting thesis and dissertation approval forms.
As a reminder:
- All defenses should be held virtually until further notice
- Each student must access their individual thesis or dissertation approval form in the Thesis and Dissertation Services site Approval Form page
- Students can update the name, defense date, and title fields on the preview of the form then hit enter to save
- They must select the “Download and print” button on the page to obtain the form in PDF format (they should not print the web page itself)
- Forms must display the correct committee information as well as the thesis/dissertation release information before being used
- All forms should be fully signed before being emailed to the College of Graduate Studies at email@example.com
- We prefer forms to be in PDF or image file format, but we will work with other formats, as long as everything is legible
- Forms can be signed electronically using the Adobe Acrobat e-signature feature or another signing software
- If e-signatures are not possible, the form can also be printed, signed, and scanned (or a photo can be taken, as long as the image is clear)
- We recommend students collect their committee signatures then email the form to their program
- Once the program representative signs, if at all possible, the form should be forwarded to the department and college on behalf of the student to save time routing back and forth to the student
Share This Article
The University of Central Florida has launched 11 new graduate programs in direct response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The programs, which begin in the Fall 2020 semester, offer candidates a...
Limbitless Solutions, a non-profit that creates prosthetic arms for children, pivoted its production capabilities during the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic to help produce face shield components and other needed...
The switch to remote psychotherapy treatment for veterans diagnosed with depression and post-traumatic stress disorder has worked for some patients during the COVID-19 pandemic but not for others. The University...
Noble metals, such as platinum, palladium, and rhodium are among the most versatile and efficient industrial catalysts for a large number of reactions, ranging from the purification of poisonous pollutants emitted...
For frogs dying of the invasive chytridiomycosis disease, the leading cause of amphibian deaths worldwide, the genes responsible for protecting them may actually be leading to their demise, according to...