Procedures for Thesis and Dissertation Approval Forms
As we approach the Spring 2020 defense deadline on April 3, it is essential to have procedures in place for remotely routing, signing, and submitting thesis and dissertation approval forms.
As a reminder:
- All defenses should be held virtually until further notice
- Each student must access their individual thesis or dissertation approval form in the Thesis and Dissertation Services site Approval Form page
- Students can update the name, defense date, and title fields on the preview of the form then hit enter to save
- They must select the “Download and print” button on the page to obtain the form in PDF format (they should not print the web page itself)
- Forms must display the correct committee information as well as the thesis/dissertation release information before being used
- All forms should be fully signed before being emailed to the College of Graduate Studies at email@example.com
- We prefer forms to be in PDF or image file format, but we will work with other formats, as long as everything is legible
- Forms can be signed electronically using the Adobe Acrobat e-signature feature or another signing software
- If e-signatures are not possible, the form can also be printed, signed, and scanned (or a photo can be taken, as long as the image is clear)
- We recommend students collect their committee signatures then email the form to their program
- Once the program representative signs, if at all possible, the form should be forwarded to the department and college on behalf of the student to save time routing back and forth to the student
Share This Article
Seven University of Central Florida graduate students are currently interning at Adobe and 3M, among other leading employers thanks to fellowships supported by the National Graduate Degrees for Minorities in...
UCF physics graduate student Olga Harrington Pinto is counting down the minutes until July 12. She is one of eight UCF researchers and one alumna who will be using the...
University of Central Florida hospitality researchers have co-authored an international report that identifies ways to ensure sustainable coastal and marine tourism around the globe. These include a renewed focus on stimulating new...
A partnership between the School of Performing Arts, the School of Communication Sciences and Disorders, and the Department of Psychology at UCF is helping improve the lives of people living...
UCF, the nation’s Space University, has now entered an agreement with the U.S. Space Force to help develop technology and an agile workforce ready for space. The two organizations recently...