Procedures for Thesis and Dissertation Approval Forms
As we approach the Spring 2020 defense deadline on April 3, it is essential to have procedures in place for remotely routing, signing, and submitting thesis and dissertation approval forms.
As a reminder:
- All defenses should be held virtually until further notice
- Each student must access their individual thesis or dissertation approval form in the Thesis and Dissertation Services site Approval Form page
- Students can update the name, defense date, and title fields on the preview of the form then hit enter to save
- They must select the “Download and print” button on the page to obtain the form in PDF format (they should not print the web page itself)
- Forms must display the correct committee information as well as the thesis/dissertation release information before being used
- All forms should be fully signed before being emailed to the College of Graduate Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We prefer forms to be in PDF or image file format, but we will work with other formats, as long as everything is legible
- Forms can be signed electronically using the Adobe Acrobat e-signature feature or another signing software
- If e-signatures are not possible, the form can also be printed, signed, and scanned (or a photo can be taken, as long as the image is clear)
- We recommend students collect their committee signatures then email the form to their program
- Once the program representative signs, if at all possible, the form should be forwarded to the department and college on behalf of the student to save time routing back and forth to the student
Pharmaceutical Testing Technology Developed at UCF for Immune Response Shows Promise for Multi-Organ Diseases
Scientists trying to make pharmaceuticals that combat multi-organ diseases such as cancer or COVID-19 may have another tool at their disposal, thanks to the University of Central Florida. UCF Professor...
For the seventh consecutive year, UCF has ranked in the top 100 universities in the world when it comes to securing patents. UCF ranked 29th among public universities in the nation...
Inching Closer to Molecular Circuitry: International Team Breaks One-Diode-One Resistor Electronics Puzzle
An international team with ties to UCF has cracked a challenge that could herald a new era of ultra-high-density computing. For years engineers and scientists around the world have been...
The 49ers who panned for gold during California’s Gold Rush didn’t really know where they might strike it rich. They had word of mouth and not much else to go...