Home » Frequently asked Questions » The name I want for my diploma is[...]


The name I want for my diploma is different than what myUCF says. How do I change this?


It depends on what UCF has on file for your legal name. If there is a name discrepancy that we need to verify, the College of Graduate Studies will follow up via your UCF email.

  • If you’re trying to onlly have your middle initial instead of your full middle name, and UCF has record of your full name and it matches, you should be able to note this change when filing the ITG (First Middle Last > First M Last)
  • If you want to add a middle name or initial that UCF does not have record of, you will need to submit some form of documentation to the Registrar’s Office to be updated.
  • If you have a name change, you will need to provide that documentation to the Registrar’s Office.